Has your technician appointment been rescheduled?
If a technician has not been in touch with you regarding the reason why you appointment has been rescheduled, here are some common reasons:
- The technician is completing a 24 hour line observation to help them learn more about the problem on your line. This will help them identify whether the fault is within your premises or at your local exchange or cabinet.
- The technician has worked on the fault today and has identified that the fault is most likely within your premises. They have proposed a new time to meet with you and gain access to your property. If this does not suit, please contact us at Telecom on 120 or 0800 800 123.
- The technician has identified your fault is likely to be related to a wider network problem and they are focusing on fixing this. They will then test a number of lines affected to see if service has returned to normal. If this does not resolve your issue, they will reschedule your appointment for further investigation.
- The technician needs to call in other experts or requires special equipment that is not readily available to them to help resolve the fault. In these situations they will defer your appointment until they have everything they need.
- No one was present at your premises while the technician was there. Please check your mailbox or under your doormat for a card to call. This will contain the contact details for the service company and instructions on making an alternative appointment.
Want to report a fault?
If there's a problem with one of our services and you'd like some more help:
- Try our Help and Support section. You'll find heaps of information on common problems and how to fix them.
- If you can't find the help you need, please give us a call. You can find all the details on the Contact us page of our website.
If you want to know more about Case Tracker you can view our Frequently Asked Questions