Before you start - check 3 things:
You're on and Ultra Mobile $59 plan or above, or you've bought a $29 Value Pack in the last 30 days.
You have a text, email or letter from us to let you know your Spotify account is ready (the text can take up to 48hrs if you've just signed up for an eligible plan or value pack).
If you already use Spotify, you'll be able to sign in with Facebook so you can link up your account and playlists. Or, if you sign in with a Spotify username and password, have those details handy instead.
Online music streaming is one of the latest ways to listen to music over the internet, but instead of owning the music, you access it. It's like having a massive online music library (with over 20 million tunes!) at your fingertips, on demand, with no download or buffering times. Whenever you’re online, you can listen to your music on your desktop, mobile or tablet devices. Spotify also allows you to sync your music in Offline Mode, so you don't need to be connected to the internet to stream.
Streaming music does use mobile data, so it's best to stream when you have a WiFi connection available. If you have broadband at home, that's a great place to start. Plus, if you're on any of our Ultra Mobile monthly plans or selected Prepaid packs, you'll also get 1GB of WiFi a day for free, at over 700 hotspots nationwide.
And, with Spotify Premium, you can download playlists and albums, and then listen to them in what's called ‘Offline mode' when you don't have access to WiFi. Listening in Offline mode doesn't use any data. You just need to sync music to your mobile first and this will need an internet connection. Again, using your WiFi at home is a great way to sync your music.
Simply go to m.spotify.com from your mobile device's browser.
No worries. You can keep your username and primo playlists – just get your free upgrade on us if you have an eligible plan. You will need to then cancel your monthly payments and then we will take over.
Telecom cannot guarantee that Spotify will be compatible with all smartphones and you are advised to check your smartphone's compatibility with Spotify before you purchase it. Your phone will need to connect to 4G, 3G or WiFi network to stream Spotify. Check your phone's full specifications if you are unsure about your internet connection.
If you have a feature phone and have an eligible plan, you can still use it on another device via the website: spotify.co.nz
The premium Spotify service has significant advantages over the free service. On Spotify Premium subscribers can experience uninterrupted listening (by that we mean no ads), they can download playlists or albums and listen offline so not consuming data from their data plan, and they experience the highest quality of sound offered by Spotify.
What else you should know...
- The Spotify service Telecom customers on eligible Telecom mobile plans have access to is Spotify Premium.
- Spotify Premium is available on Ultra Mobile Pay Monthly plans $59 and higher, all Ultra+ Share Plans and the $29 Prepaid Value Pack.
- Gen-i customers may register for Spotify Premium if they are on an eligible Telecom Pay Monthly plan.
- In order to use and access the Spotify Premium service, you will need to register with Spotify directly and accept Spotify Terms and Conditions of the Spotify service. The Spotify Terms and Conditions govern your use of the Spotify service.
- You are response for any mobile data usage charges associated with the Spotify service and we strongly recommended that you monitor your mobile data usage.
- Spotify Premium is accessible via any internet connection, including Wi-Fi and mobile broadband connections.
- If you are eligible to receive free Spotify Premium you will be contacted via SMS when the service is available for use.
- If you are changing your Telecom mobile plan or Value Pack you may no longer be eligible for access to Spotify Premium for free.
- If you have an existing paid direct Spotify account, you must first cancel your account directly with Spotify before you can access the free Spotify Premium service. If you do not do this you will continued to be charged by Spotify for your Spotify Premium account and we will not be liable to you in any way. On registering with Spotify you will need to comply with the relevant Spotify Terms and Conditions, including age restrictions.
- Telecom cannot guarantee that Spotify will be compatible with all smartphones and you are advised to check your smartphone’s compatibility with Spotify before you purchase it.
- Telecom is not responsible for the Spotify service in any way whatsoever and to the extent permitted by law we exclude all liability to you in connection with your registration and use of the Spotify service.
- Telecom Standard Telecom Terms, conditions and charges apply.