- The "Amazing Ideas Search" promotion commences on 16 July 2012 and ends at 11.59pm 28 September 2012. Winners will be notified before 26th October 2012
- This competition is open to all New Zealand primary, intermediate and secondary schools (as defined in section 145 of the Education Act 1989).
- Entries must only be submitted by teachers or faculty staff on behalf of students at their school. There are two categories: primary/intermediate (years 1-8) and secondary level (years 9-13).
- Entries must include details as to the year level of the student(s) who is/are submitting the idea. In the case of a group effort please record the year of the oldest group member. It is the year of the oldest member of a group that will be used to determine the category in which the submission will be judged.
- Group entries cannot include participants from more than one school.
- Immediate family members of agency members or Telecom Group employees directly involved in the promotion are not eligible to enter.
- To enter you must either submit a text entry, video entry or photo entry on www.telecom.co.nz/amazing
or by post to:
Amazing Ideas Search
Private Bag 92028
- If entering by post, your entry must arrive no later than 11.59pm 28 September 2012.
- By entering you agree to receive additional communications relating to this competition.
- All prizes are in New Zealand dollars.
- There are ten prizes of $2000 for the top 10 ideas. These will be divided evenly, five ideas from primary/intermediate (years 1-8) and five ideas secondary level (years 9-13).
- Judging criteria will consist of, creatively (40% weighting), relevance to UFB internet (40% weighting) presentation 20% (weighting).
- There are three spot prizes, consisting of a Samsung tablet computer (for entries by individuals) or $500 cash (in the case of group entries), which will be awarded to three entrants and will be chosen at random. If an individual entrant wins a spot prize, that entrant may not elect to receive $500 cash instead of a Samsung tablet computer. The $500 cash prize for group entries is the total value of the prize; it is not $500 per participant. The teacher or faculty staff member who submitted the entry drawn for a spot prize will be presented with the prize to distribute to the winning student(s). It is intended that the spot prizes will be distributed to the student(s) who participated in the relevant entry. However, the decision as to how to distribute the prize(s) is made solely by the teacher or faculty staff member who submitted the entry. Telecom accepts no responsibility for the decisions of teachers or faculty members in relation to the distribution of prizes and will not enter into any correspondence about any matters pertaining to that distribution.
- Winners will be contacted by phone or email. Telecom reserves the right to redraw any prize in the event that it cannot contact an eligible winning school via their nominated contact by 19 October 2012.
- Telecom's decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By participating in this promotion, entrants consent to Telecom using their name and accompanying details and/or photographs/images for promotional purposes without compensation.
- Telecom owns all intellectual property and associated rights in all material submitted in accordance with these terms.
- You warrant that any entry you submit does not breach or infringe upon any third party's rights, including but not limited to its intellectual property rights, and you agree to indemnify and hold Telecom harmless against any claim(s) by a third party for any breach of its rights in relation to your entry.
- Accepting a prize constitutes the school's consent to Telecom using its name and accompanying details and/or photographs/images for promotional purposes without compensation.
- Telecom is entitled to, in its sole and absolute discretion, change these Terms and Conditions (including without limitation substituting the prize offered with a prize that it believes is of similar value or benefit) or to cancel this promotion at any time without notice. No claim may be made against Telecom or any of its agents, contractors, employees or other representatives in connection with such change or cancellation.
- To the extent permitted by law, Telecom, its employees and agents, exclude any liability they may have to you arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this promotion.
By participating in the promotion, you are deemed to accept these Terms and Conditions and any conditions of participation in the prize activities.